The Ultimate Beginner Guide to an Airsoft Loadout
by wangsandy on May 10, 2023
Are you new to airsoft and looking to build your first loadout? You're in the right place! In this guide, I'll share everything you need to know about creating the ultimate beginner's airsoft loadout, along with some game-changing recommendations and authoritative external resources. Let's dive in!
Airsoft Guns for Beginners
As a beginner, you'll need a reliable, budget-friendly airsoft gun. In this section, we'll delve into various options for pistols, rifles, and shotguns, along with the extra gear you'll need for a seamless airsoft experience.
Pistols, Rifles, and Shotguns
When selecting your first airsoft gun, consider entry-level options under $200 that balance performance, durability, and cost. Here are some excellent choices for beginners in each category:
- ASG CZ P-09: This CO2-powered airsoft pistol is known for its accuracy and strong blowback. It features a full metal slide and a durable polymer frame, making it a great choice for beginners.
- Elite Force H8R Revolver: A unique and affordable CO2-powered revolver, the H8R boasts a lightweight design and easy-to-change disc magazines, making it an excellent entry-level sidearm.
- KWA ATP-LE: This green gas-powered pistol features an adjustable hop-up, a full metal slide, and a durable polymer frame. Its adaptability and reliability make it a popular choice among airsoft beginners.
- Umarex Glock 19 Gen 3: This CO2-powered pistol is an officially licensed replica of the Glock 19. With its compact size and realistic blowback, it's an excellent option for new airsoft players.
- WE-Tech Hi-Capa 5.1: This green gas-powered pistol is known for its high-capacity magazine and impressive performance. It's a popular choice for beginners seeking a reliable sidearm.
- G&G Combat Machine CM16 Raider: This AEG (Automatic Electric Gun) features a durable polymer body, a high-torque motor, and a metal gearbox. Its versatility and reliability make it an excellent choice for beginners.
- CYMA CM.028 AK47: This AEG is an affordable replica of the iconic AK47 rifle. It boasts a full metal gearbox, a high-capacity magazine, and an adjustable hop-up system, offering great performance at a budget-friendly price.
- Lancer Tactical Gen 2 M4 Interceptor: This AEG features a lightweight polymer body, a quick-change spring system, and a pre-installed MOSFET, making it suitable for beginners looking for a reliable and upgradeable rifle.
- Classic Army Skirmish CA4A MK18: This AEG is known for its durable polymer construction, full metal gearbox, and modular rail system, making it an excellent entry-level rifle for those seeking customization options.
- JG T3-K3 G3A3: This AEG replicates the classic G3A3 battle rifle. With its full metal gearbox, adjustable hop-up, and sturdy polymer body, it's a great choice for beginners looking for a unique primary weapon.
- UTG M3 Multi-Shot Airsoft Shotgun: This spring-powered shotgun also features a tri-shot system, allowing you to shoot three BBs simultaneously. The UTG M3 is known for its durability, making it a great choice for first-time airsoft players.
- **Double Eagle M56A**: This spring-powered tri-shot shotgun features a full-length stock and sturdy polymer construction. Its reliable performance and affordable price make it an excellent choice for beginners seeking a versatile shotgun.
- CYMA M870: This spring-powered shotgun offers a realistic pump-action mechanism and durable full-metal construction. Its high-capacity shell-style magazines make it a popular option for new airsoft players.
- ASG Franchi SAS 12: This spring-powered shotgun features a folding stock and a tri-shot system. It's compact size and lightweight design make it an excellent choice for beginners looking for a maneuverable airsoft shotgun.
- JAG Arms Scattergun TSS: This gas-powered airsoft shotgun features a tri-shot system, allowing you to shoot three BBs simultaneously. With its adjustable stock and realistic pump-action mechanism, the JAG Arms Scattergun TSS is a great choice for beginners looking for a reliable and affordable shotgun.
Remember to invest in essential accessories like extra magazines, speed loaders, batteries, and chargers to ensure uninterrupted gameplay. Browse online stores like Evike and Airsoft Megastore for a wide selection of airsoft gear and accessories.
Before making a purchase, watch video reviews and gameplay footage to understand the performance of different airsoft guns better. Channels like Airsoftology and USAirsoft offer in-depth reviews, comparisons, and insights to help you make an informed decision.
Essential Protective Gear
Before jumping into the world of airsoft, prioritizing safety is crucial. In this section, I'll cover the must-have protective gear every beginner should consider.
Your eyes are your most valuable asset, so invest in high-quality goggles or masks. Look for ANSI Z87.1-rated options, as these have been tested for impact resistance. Check out WoSport Tactical Anti-Fog Goggle ********and Evike Annex MI-7 ANSI Rated Full Face Mask for reliable choices.
Helmets, Gloves, and Pads
Head protection is crucial, especially for outdoor games. Helmets prevent head injuries from falls or stray BBs. Gloves protect your hands from abrasions and impacts, while elbow and knee pads offer additional support and protection. FASTFIT® COVERT TACTICAL GLOVES and Blackhawk Advanced Tactical Knee Pads V.2 are excellent starting points.
Face and Ear Protection
Remember face and ear protection. A full-face mask or a combination of goggles and a lower-face mesh mask will protect your nose, mouth, and ears from stray BBs. Check out SCREAM Airsoft Mask for a popular option.
Tactical gear enhances your in-game performance, keeps you organized, and makes you look the part. Here's what you should consider:
Vests, Plate Carriers, and Chest Rigs
These items help distribute weight evenly and offer a platform for attaching pouches and other gear. Consider options based on your budget and preferences. Condor Outdoor and 5.11 Tactical offer a wide range of options to suit any budget.
A reliable holster keeps your sidearm secure and easily accessible. Choose from drop leg, belt, or MOLLE mount options based on your preferred playstyle. Safariland is a trusted brand for holsters.
Magazine, radio, and utility pouches keep essential items within reach. Consider MOLLE-compatible options for maximum customization. Maxpedition offers a variety of bags for different needs.
Staying hydrated is vital, especially during extended games. Consider water bottles, hydration packs, or carriers for convenient access to water. CamelBak provides reliable hydration solutions.
Airsoft Clothing and Camouflage
Now let's talk about clothing. The right attire keeps you comfortable, agile, and camouflaged in the field.
Camo Patterns for Different Environments
Choose camo patterns based on your local environment to blend in effectively. Options include Woodland, Multicam, Digital, and Desert patterns. Camo Guide by NOVRITSCH can help you make the right choice.
Combat Shirts, Pants, and Boots
Invest in high-quality combat shirts, pants, and boots designed specifically for airsoft. These provide durability, comfort, and additional protection. Brands like Crye Precision and 5.11 Tactical offer great options.
Consider adding knee pads, tactical gloves, or other extras to further enhance your loadout. Browse Mechanix Wear for a wide range of gloves and other tactical gear.
Other Useful Extras for Your Loadout
Here are some additional items to consider adding to your loadout:
Walkie-talkies or radios can enhance team coordination during games. Check out Midland Radio for reliable options.
Storage and Transport Gear
Invest in gun bags or cases to safely transport and store your airsoft equipment. Brands like VISM offer a range of storage solutions.
Tips for Assembling Your First Airsoft Loadout
Common Beginner Mistakes to Avoid
Research and plan your purchases to avoid wasting money on low-quality or unnecessary gear.
Focus on essential protective gear, a reliable gun, and basic tactical equipment before splurging on extras.
Weight Distribution and Load-Bearing Setup
Find a comfortable, functional load-bearing setup that works for you, and distribute weight evenly for optimal performance.
Enhance Your Airsoft Experience with Eshooter Products
Elevate your airsoft game with these innovative products from Eshooter:
Eshooter Kestrel V2 Airsoft ETU for V2 Gearbox
Upgrade your AEG's performance with the Kestrel V2 ETU. It offers unparalleled customization, trigger response, and ROF.
Eshooter Sentry 2 Airsoft Target
Revolutionize your training with the Eshooter Sentry 2 Reusable Airsoft Target. Its auto-reset design, RGB lighting, and portability make it the ultimate training accessory.
Final Thoughts and Resources
Assembling your first airsoft loadout can seem daunting, but with this comprehensive guide, you're well-equipped to make informed choices. Remember to prioritize safety, invest in quality gear, and continuously learn and improve.
For more information and resources, consider visiting the following websites:
- AirsoftC3: Find local airsoft fields, teams, and shops.
- Airsoft GI: A comprehensive online store for airsoft guns and gear.
- Airsoft Society: A popular forum for discussing airsoft topics and connecting with fellow players.
Now, get out there and enjoy the exciting world of airsoft!